slide show

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

School's out for summer!

School's out for ever!

No not really.  But at least for a couple months!   (AZ is Alice country!  Tap... tap... anyone following me?)
Today was the last day of school for the kiddos.  Yes, I KNOW it's early for school to be out, but the state with that crazy controversial immigration legislation is also known for starting and ending it's school season early.  It leaves prime time for vacations before y'all get out in June.  We like it this way!

It's also warming up in the desert, and finally warm enough to go swimming.  So the boys walked home from the bus stop all smelly and hot and sweaty and smelly and really smelly.  Jumping in the pool was a quick way to put smiles on their faces and made the rest of us happy too.
Have you seen such joy!  I'm just in love with this picture below.  It captures what is so obviously is in this boy's soul.
Oh... if I could just bottle up all that joy and savor little bits of it when I have to do laundry!
Or when I have to clean out the car... between the seats.
Or when I have to get a mammogram.

I want to have such reckless abandoned.
This boy, my boy, lives his life this way.  Throwing every bit of himself into all things.
Happy summertime, Patch!
This one's for you, baby!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011