slide show

Monday, April 19, 2010

Crazy 8 Highlights

  • Just to start your Monday off with a giggle!  My Jujube is tooooo cute!  
  • I was pretty sure I heard him wrong, so I asked him to repeat himself.  Cause after all, it was 6:43 in the morning, and sometimes my ears don't work that well at that time of day. But I did hear him correctly.  "Mom, you should buy more sunflower seeds.  They make your farts smell like ketchup."  I looked for the smirk or cheesy grin to give away that he was joking.  But no!  He was so serious and said it all with a straight face and everything!  Then he walked out of the room.   There's always someone to make you smile in a large family!
  • On top of my 5 therapy sessions for T&J a week, Jujube has now qualified for a phonetics program.  That's good.  But it's 4 days a week.  5+4= 9 therapy sessions a week!  That's bad.  It is suppose to help him learn to articulate.    And that's good.  Unlike my other therapy sessions, they do not come to my home though, and I have to drive there.  That's bad.  The program is free courtesy to the WONDERFUL AZ Early Intervention program and the tax payers of our state.  So that's good.  The drive is at least 30 minutes each way in rush hour traffic.  That's bad.  After only one and a half weeks, I can already see his speech improving.  That's good.  Each session lasts only 30 minutes, and for a 1 hour commute, it seems silly and horribly time consuming.  That's bad.  I love being Jujube's mama, and doing what needs to be done, it's in my job description.  That's good.  It just may kill me to now have 9 therapy sessions a week.  That's BAD!
Happy Monday All!

4 comments:

  1. 9 therapy sessions a week. That is much. Maybe you should stop doing laundry.

    No seriously, maybe after an intense month or two you can scale back the phonetics ones to like, 2 or 3 a week. Eh? Go Jude!!!

    That picture is HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci-
    Jujube is going to grad out of PT again soon. So that gets us down to 8. My only saving grace is that his phono program is only a 14 week program and ENDS. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Come on summer!!!!!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get past the sunflower seed ketchup farting. Was he referring to YOUR farts or HIS? Cause I need to know so I can move on in my life : ) Yup, another day where I am so glad I visited your blog. That picture is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norah---I THINK he was referring to his own farts. I HOPE he was referring to his own farts!
    Mmmmmmmmm... Ketchup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011