slide show

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mama Bliss

Babies with baby bird hair make me weak in the knees!

And mamas never have enough pics of themselves with their children cause they are always the ones taking the pictures!  I don't even let moms have a say whether or not they get pictures with their kids.  They are reluctant, and I don't care.  I just tell them where to sit.  This picture isn't for Heather.  This is for her children, E and W.  Children never see their mama's rumpled shirt or wrinkles.  They will look back at these when they have their own babes in their arms and see what I see.  Pure unadulterated mama love.  Bliss.  Seeing a little of that from your own mama goes a long way when your 30 or 40 or 41. 


For all the mamas out there,  please get out from behind the camera and get LOTS of pictures or yourself with your children.  Not for you, but for THEM.  Try to look past your rumbled clothes and double chin and crooked smile.  Your children will never see that. 
Thank you Heather and family!  See you next year?

PS-The State Fair is HERE!  I am beside myself with anticipation!  I am like a wee child filled with thoughts of livestock, demolition derby cars, hypnosis shows, $10 dollar carnival rides that make you puke, 4th grade art work, and last but VERY NOT LEAST everything possible on a stick!  Maybe I'll go crazy and buy myself a ShamWow or a Bash-n-Chop.  I'm going there very very  very soon!

PPS-92 degrees today?  Really?  Summer go away!

PPPS- I have almost NO pictures of me and my children.  I have a double chin and a crooked smile so I know you all will understand the hypocracy of it all. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post nancy. It will encourage us to take more pictures with B. and stop thinking of ourselves. Beautiful, just beautiful shots. Still wish you could do our Christmas picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog brought tears to my eyes....I love my kiddos and love to see them in pics with me...shoot me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, the pics look amazing...I knew that already, but some how they look even better...any tweaks I don't know about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. now i really wish we lived closer. i have very few photos with mateo and i, and most of them i get rid of because of the double chin thing. i wish you could shoot us as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011