slide show

Friday, October 2, 2009

Longer Here than There

October 2, 2009
This is a day I've been waiting for for a long LONG time! Seemingly insignificant. Unless you lived in an orphanage and had no mama and papa and home and family to call your own. Unless you watched your children grow up without you, month after month, rolling over, sitting up, first smiles, crawling, first teeth, a surgery, first illness, a birthday, never knowing the curl of a finger around yours, and the peace of soothing an upset baby.

Today marks the days that Tess and Jujube have FINALLY been at home with our family longer than they lived at the Thu Duc Youth Village. That's a fancy name for orphanage. They were there just over 1 year. Maybe that's not a long time. But maybe it's a life time when you're only 12 months old. Maybe it won't make a difference in the long run. Maybe it will make a lifetime of differences about who you trust and who you let into your heart and how you relate to people. Who you are in your soul. Maybe.

I meet this day with tears. Some so happy! Some sad. Happy they are home and here and mine, forever and ever and ever! I lay them to bed each night and whisper to them, "I love you.  I will always love you forever, and I will always be here. I am your mama." I see them grow everyday and have been entrusted with the privilege of raising these two awesome (worthy of awe) Vietnamese children. And I am sad at the same time for the brave women who gave birth to them and walked away to offer them a better life. I am sad they will never see them or know how wonderful and unique these beautiful children are. Sad T&J will never know them, and know who is such a part of who they are.
I've ticked off the days till today.  I'm glad  relieved exerburant sad overwhelmed this day is fianally here.  Just can't seem to find the right word. 

Before
In SaiGon on day 4 with us, September 5, 2008, still so scared


After
At home, October 1, 2009, Longer here than there


4 comments:

  1. beautiful little ones. so glad you have them and they have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious day. I know exactly how it feels. You have walked a long road and now have these precious babies to enjoy 24/7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Doesn't it feel so good to have them safe and sound in your arms?
    My babies will be with us 2 years next Friday. It has gone by in the blink of an eye and I just wish I could slow the hours.
    I am so glad you opened your blog and look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011