slide show

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blog Book-It's a Good Thing

OK, I will start willingly admitting that this is self-absorbed & egocentric.  This one is for Sherri, and Gayle, and Michelle, and Sharon, and Christina, and Robin, and all the bloggers out there.  It's a good thing.

If I showed you the coat closet full of scrap booking supplies that I have, I'd embarrass myself. Picture a coat closet with a plastic dresser in it, on wheels, with 10 drawers, each stuffed. Non-acidic archival papers, in every shade of the rainbow and then some. 'Cause archival papers are important.  Heaven's sakes if the pics are tinted yellow from cheap paper. Not 1, not 2, not, 6, but the Costco super pack of 15 designer edge scissors for all my cutting needs. You gotta have stickers if you're gonna scrapbook! And die cuts too. And no less than 1,648 permanent markers with various tip widths for documenting everything. And adhesive to stick all this crap together. But let's not stop there. By all means let's purchase extra albums and pages for all the scrapbooks I'm gonna make years into the future. And top it all off with the extra large 36 inch long matte cutter with poster-board sized self healing matte! I know what you're thinking, Surely she can't be serious. Well I am serious. And don't call me Shirley!  Did you say you wanted to hang up your coat? Too bad 'cause that coat closet is full! I did a lot of scrap booking for 5-10 years and have many albums to show for it, but I haven't scrap booked since Boo was 12 months old.  Guilt.  I'm thinking of selling the whole closet on Craig's List.

Then I found this-
http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html
and the guilt started to ease. It's a site, that at the push of a button, (ok maybe a 3 or 4 buttons) my blog became a book! Voila! Instant family album via our blog!

Pretty impressive cover with one of my favorite photos from VietNam!  Starts at $25 as a base price, then they charge more the more pages you have. And there are options to change things around a bit, take out comments if you want, things like that. I didn't do a thing.  I'm in to simplicity these days typos and all.

It has a table of contents for each entry.

And here are entries when we were more neurotic than usual waiting for our little ones to come home...

Here we are in SaiGon, VietNam...

And this one is about Nana and strawberry jam. Oh I miss my grandmothers. Don't get me started.

And my Vietnamese recipes are in there too!

Looks awesome! I'm self published! I'm easily impressed.

And most importantly the pictures and stories are all there for my children.
Now when I'm of advanced age and in "the home" and unable to articulate the stories of my children's youth, they can turn to the pages of our family book and wipe spittle from the corner of my mouth.

Ya, definitely gonna go the Craig's List route. It's a good thing too.

8 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me with your talents and techno savy!!
    Not to worry we're all heading towards the spittle phase of our lives. At least you're thinking ahead.
    Lawn darts, roof rack riding and sun tanning on the roof . . . all done in a more innocent era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time. Thanks for the nudge. I was going to use a different site, but I am definitely going to check yours out now too. How often will you make a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome. We'll definitely check that site out. Thanks! Oh, and the baking soda worked....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I bought scrapbooking supplies, too, but having someone else publish a book of our blog will be way easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book looks beautiful! I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing about this. I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I was thinking I wanted to do something like this but didn't think it was possible. I'll check it out. Really enjoy reading your blog -- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard about this too! So happy to see you did it and it turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to do this for a while using the same company. Glad to hear you like them. I was waiting because at first when I checked them out, you couldn't include comments, and I wanted them included. But, now, I think you can include them. Gotta do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011