slide show

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Uncharted Territory

Now what?

Each day passes with our first born, now young woman, and we have NO clue what we're doing! Papa and I literally look at each other and make all this parenting stuff up as we go along! (Shhhh, don't tell the kiddos that.  We have to maintain hand!) 
  • Cell phones?
  • Too much time in your room?
  • Texting?
  • Shaving?
  • Waxing?
  • Part time job?
  • Dating?
  • How 'bout driving 5mph over the speed limit? 
  • Kissing?
  • Facebook?
  • Late night phone calls?
  • Dinner at Mr. D's house?
  • Friends?
  • Budgeting?
  • Rated R movies?
  • Charity?
  • Family time?
  • Homework?
  • How many honor's classes is too many or too few?
  • What's reasonable to spend on a hair cut?
  • How 'bout pedicures?
  • Chores?
We're wingin' it ALL! Kinda like that statistics class I took my sophmore year in college.  That can't be normal. It can't be healthy! Where's my instruction manual?!

I'm not a girly girl so I specifically requested a no-nonsense low-level stress child that liked to sit at home with me on Friday nights and watch 1950s Dorris Day movies! A daughter that liked to be pretty, but more so liked to be comfortable and wear sensible shoes!

This can't be good.  I'm afraid.  Very afraid!


3 comments:

  1. I thought I was following your blog all this time but that you hadn't updated it - now I'm here and I've missed out on a lot. I'm catching up now.

    I love, love, love your birth story tradition. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the complete opposite of my Mom yet we got along really well when I was a teenager - I have a feeling that Emma will be the complete opposite of me. Good luck with your very pretty and smart daughter - I think you will all do fine in these coming years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous inside and out! I hope you figure it all out so you can give me advice in just a few short years!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011