slide show

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Just a quickie to let you all know we are doing well. Seems there just isn't enough time to get it all done AND blog. Guess I'd better get used to it!
Today we had our Giving & Receiving ceremony. Tis is the official ceremony and signing of the papers that officially make these 2 beautiful children ours! 11:00am and so so humid that sweat rolled down my neck. We signed the infamous “red book” and several other papers, gave a gift to the official in charge, and posed in front of the green curtain I see so many others in front of. That was it! All done! And 2 precious lives are now our responsibility forever more.
By the way, the director of the orphanage was there and showered Little Man with love although this time the baby didn’t cry. Little Man has grown quite fond of Papa and although he will come to me easily, Papa is by far his favorite.
Right now, Papa is off now, applying for the babies’ passports and making our flight reservations for Saturday to fly to Hanoi.
The weather?? Honestly, I haven’t found it that bad. Ya, it’s hot and humid,a nd rains a little each day, but we don’t stay out in it that long. I was prepared to sweat and so far nothing is beyond my expectations.
We got a change to walk around yesterday and explore a little. District 1 in HCMC is wonderful. Very pretty and easy to get around in and WONDERFUL shopping.
I’m sure that I’m forgetting to tell you so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011