slide show

Saturday, August 30, 2008

For all the excitement that we're feeling now about to meet our children, I'm also feeling so so sad for them. We're excited and joyous for sure, but they are about to lose all that they know and the only family they have and their home. After a year, surly the nannies that care for them are their mother figures, and their cribs and this orphanage are their homes. I can not imagine what it would be like to be uprooted from all I knew and all I felt safe with, to be put in the arms of a stranger and driven away, to new sounds, and smells and new people who you've never met. I hope that I know the right thing to do, or not do. The right thing to say to them and the right way to say it. Adopted children at any age, do grieve for their losses. And we know Sunburn and Little Man will grieve too for the loss of their home and family as they know it. We hope that we will be able to provide comfort to them.



Except for that, I'm so so excited to see them and hold them and wrap my arms around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011