slide show

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day #74 & a Sliver of Hope

The good news... There have been a couple more TuDu approvals in the last few weeks. Including a family with a case EXACTLY like ours... from our agency, never got a block letter, same orphanage, around the same birth dates, baby was born and abandoned in the TuDu hospital just like ours, and our i600 applications were submitted together at the exact same time! I don't know them, but I am happy for them. It has given us hope again and has me again checking my email regularly for our approval notice.

I have a conference call with Michael Valverde on Friday. Only those of you in the adoption community probably have any idea who I am talking about, acting Deputy Chief, USCIS Office of International Operations in Wash. DC, in other words, the boss of the folks making the decisions in VN. I've also been invited to a group meeting with Senator Dole's office/staff in North Carolina this week. Senator Dole has been a huge advocate for families struggling with VN adoptions, and her staff has made it a priority to advocate for us, remain knowledgeable of the TuDu situation and is very sympathetic. Not sure we can swing the extra money it would take to get to NC, especially on such short notice. (And as OR says, "especially in THIS market!)

Now if you are thinking any of this is progress, then I've misled you. There is no concrete progress yet, but it looks like there may be a more open discussion of the lack or progress in the future. Maybe that is progress after all? (insert a confused and exasperated look of exhaustion here)

The bad news... I can NOT say that our own Senator's Kyl's office here in AZ has had the same commitment to it's own constituent. I have had several phone conferences but none have produced ANY information. His aide even stood me up for our last 2 conference calls including the one we had scheduled last Friday! I'll start bugging them bright and early Monday morning.

We are now in the mid 70's, and there is still nothing for us but hope and prayer that this be over soon. Ultimately is IS all in His hands, and those of you that know me well know that I don't give up control easily. It does feels good to have even the faintest glimmer of hope again.

Lauren,
Many many congratulations to you and your new family of 3! I am so so happy for you. I will miss your company and your words of wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is an wonderful break through! We will keep praying hard...I am so happy that baby has a HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy, thank you so much. I couldn't have gotten to where I am now without you. I'm still here if you every need me...and I continue to send prayers up for you are your precious babies. Stay strong, and may God grant you the strenght and serenity you need to bring your children home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011